Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm back

Wow ~ Life has been busy or I have been lazy.....I think it's the busy excuse! One of my goals this year is to be an active blogger....writing out the things that I do not want to forget.

The past few months have been diffucult with the loss of Richard (Kevin's dad). I truly believe that the Lord has covered us with His grace and we are facing each day better than the one before. Papaw is what the kids call him. We miss him.....he was always so happy ( I always picture him bouncing around the back of the church as we sang praise and worship) and never gave up on the healing power of the Lord. We would go to his house and sing....Zach would play the guitar.....we would pray, cry, sing and pray some more. Then we would have some sort of snack ~ sometimes it was ice cream and sometimes it was carrots & broccoli ~ and talk about church, politics, nutrition, the kids, vacations and all the new "gadgets" that Papaw was buying on-line. I'm so thankful for these memories.....I'm so thankful that my kids have these memories and that they were built on a foundation of faith in Jesus Christ.

On the kid front: School is back in session after the Christmas break. Jord had drama camp the first week in August which made it difficult to get school accomplished, but we are pressing along now and are trying to be dilligent in accomplishing much before our Florida vacation in February.
Zach has been enjoying the Government unit of his history this year....we purchased a book about Alexander Hamilton that he is currently reading and he is signed up to start a Government class with our homeschool co-op this coming week. He will attend TeenPact in April (a 3 day tour of the statehouse and city buildings, meeting elected officials, writing a bill, devotions, praise/worship & more)
Jord just finished drama camp, put on by KidShine. She had a speaking part and a solo~ she sang the verses on the song Today is the Day by Lincoln Brewster. She messed up a little on the words, but recovered gracefully and of course....sounded awesome! She is finishing up the book "Noah Webster" and we are going to have a go at her first big book report for this year.
Rach was not old enough for the drama camp, but begged to go and hang out there just so she could watch what was going on.......she'll be ready for next year! She has finally learned to tie her shoes and both front teeth are finally in......these were big deals for her! She is finishing a book every couple of days so I'm not sure what she is reading right now, but we are studying the american indians and colonists right now.
Abby is pretty much finished with preschool, but I'm not ready to start Kindergarten yet, so I am trying to keep her busy with "themed" weeks.....this past week was "Transportation". We talked about helicopters, boats, trains and emergency vehicles. This week I'm going to cover first aid, 911 and ..........not sure yet, but you get the idea.

We have been anticipating going to Build-a-Bear to stuff Holly/Hal Mooses that they got for Christmas from Memaw. Today was the day. At some point in the night Abby had gotten up to potty (and most of you know that once she wakes up, she could be up for hours).....she had found a B-a-B catalog and must of been looking at it.....about an hour later she comes to my bed, rubs my arm to wake me....holding the catalog and wants to know if today is finally the day that we are are going......she is such a stinker! Today was the day and everyone went to bed happy campers and with a new, stuffed build-a-bear....even Zach got one, but I don't think he went to bed with it...haha!

Hopefully I'll be better at keeping up with this blog ~ I know that mostly family and few friends may read this, but I would like to have this journal for my own benefit.

My other goals this year of course are losing weight, upping the workouts, scrapbooking and all the other yearly REcomittments. Most of all I want to REcommit to my family.......I realize that my kids are growing too quickly and I am forgetting all the things that I vowed to NEVER forget. Memories ARE precious and I am planning on making lots of them this year and I plan to keep track of them as much as I can!

No comments: