We made our way to the Library ( in the rain ~ with no umbrellas) to check out books to start working on our projects for the Academics Fair next week. Zach is working w/a friend on a Science experiment (they have thoughts of "dry ice" but I'm not sure about that). He is also putting together a Ronald Reagan posterboard since he had chosen him for a biography book report earlier this year. Jord has chosen Thomas Jefferson. Rachel has chosen "The Jungle" and Abby has chosen "Farm Animals w/an emphasis on horses." I've started Rachel's posterboard with painting palm tress and vines......still lots to work on for next week.
- A neighbor of Kevin's mom and dad have lost their son, probably in his late 40's/early 50's. Kevin grew up playing with him and his siblings. They have asked Kevin to do the funeral, so he is busy trying to put together a message of comfort for this family.
- Baseball and Softball practices are in full swing now. Zach on Mon/Sat. Rach on Wed. and Jord on Fri. (Rach still has soccer practice on Thurs)
- Jord and Rach received AWANA awards on Mon night for finishing their books this year.
- Zach gets his cast off tomorrow
- My best neighbors ~ the Worleys ~ are moving to Memphis. Feeling sorry for myself as I lose another friend here on Kellerman Ct. Happy for them as they move on to a better job!
Have a blessed week!