Tuesday, September 30, 2008

All kinds of trips




Wow! I can't believe it's been over a week since I have written anything! We had a great week of school last week and this week has a few more activities, so probably not as much school. I'm sure the kids are ok with that.

First, another trip to the dentist last week, Jord and I -no cavitites! Yeah! Second, another trip to Indiana, my Aunt Ginni's 60th birthday party. The girls and I traveled with my Aunt Alma and her daughter Shelli, there and back in the same day! It went alright, the girls held up pretty well. We were all tired! We had a good time and were able to see my cousin Mike and his girls (the ones who just lost their mom). ALL the girls had a great time playing together! Abby loved all the dogs! And of course, we were able to see Nana and Pappy again!

Monday, we took a field trip to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton. They have homeschool days there every year and the kids were signed up for classes. We had a great time looking at all the planes, learning the history of planes and finding out about astronauts.

Last night, we had AWANA again. I need to mention that Jord works with Rach everyday to help her memorize her sections and at her first AWANA last week she said the entire verse of John 3:16. She was so proud of herself and so was I. Jord is such a big help in this area!

Today, we have another field trip to Sports Ohio. This is a big complex that houses fields for soccer and other field sports as well as a basketball course and a section where they have inflatables. Once a month they open their doors to homeschoolers only. The kids always come home from this exhausted!

Thursday, we have our homeschool group classes and that is usually all we get done in a day like that. So, as you can see, the week has already been and will be filled with extra things this week. Hopefully we'll get some school accomplished today, a full day & more tomorrow and then some more on Friday - for some reason everyone has trouble staying on task on a Friday.

Abby's newest phrase "_____is my bess fwend" Anything or anyone could go in the blank - Mom, Dad, Zach, Sissy, Ray, Kylo, bunny, bear, Jazzy, Vincy-pooh, Luke, - it depends on the day and who she is with. Yesterday it was Dad!


1 comment:

Michelle Waters said...

Fun to see you today at S.O.

Looks like you had a great time at the Air Force field trip. Too ambitious for me right now- I'm lazy!