Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blessed

We are feeling very blessed after handing out sack lunches to the homeless and hungry last night. Between my homeschool group, neighbors, family and friends we had enough that most people were able to take 2 lunches with them. There were a handful of kids there.....my heart went out to them...wondering where they were sleeping and if they had any toys or clean clothes. A reality shock that we all need. As we traveled home we talked about how good the Lord has been to us and where sinful decisions can lead. In the future we would love to continue to be involved with this outreach ministry and take to heart Jesus' words about feeding the hungry and helping the poor and needy.

Today we took a trip to the library for story time and then headed to Chipotle ...K was there with an appraiser friend of his and we crashed his nice quiet lunch! I'm considering heading back out to the thrift store in search of some T-shirts and summer clothes. Not really feeling like doing the rest of the school day.....I know I should...but........

3 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for the update about last night. It's so awesome to be able to make a small difference in someone's life. It really gets to me to think about the desperate need that people are in. It also makes me very thankful about how God has blessed us. Thanks for praying for Joseph and his family.

Michelle Waters said...

That sounds like a great ministry. Maybe we can get involved next time. I'm feeling like right now I can only get the bare minimum done in the last days of this pregnancy!

Beck Family said...

Thanks for sharing that Stace, that is some reminder. I can't imagine seeing children, that must have been so hard. Happy hunting at the thrift stores. What size is Abby now. I have some things to pass down. Not as much as usual, I have been good about keeping it cleaned out but you are welcome to what I do have if you think they will fit her. Mostly 4t and a few
5t.